HNDIT program at SLIATE is aimed to prepare students to enter industry as middle level IT professional required for the new millennium. This program provides a broad exposure compiled with a sound theoretical & practical knowledge along with the skills and positive attitudes.
- Provides Information Technology personal to cater to the demands in the next millennium.
- Provides a conceptual basis more advanced studies in Information Technology field.
Course ObjectiveAt the end of the diploma the students should be able to
- Function as a software developer
- Use IT skills in the area of automation
- Make use of IT skills in decision making in an organization
- Train the personals in IT skills
Course DurationHNDIT (Full Time) & HNDIT (Part Time) :- 2 Years & 6 Months
Course FeesHNDIT (Full Time) :- Full Free
HNDIT (Part Time) :- Just Rs.12000 per Semester
- Should have obtained four passes at the GCE (A/L) Examination (Old syllabus) at one sitting. OR
- Should have obtained three passes at the GCE (A/L) Examination (New Syllabus) at one sitting. AND
- An ordinary pass in English and Mathematics at the GCE (O/L) Examination.
- Should have been Employed in IT related field. (Only for Part Time Students)
Accreditation & Exemptions
|University of Moratuwa
A candidate who has completed all the course modules in the HNDIT curriculum including the project is eligible to claim exemptions from 10 subjects in Level 1 and 6 subjects in Level 2 course modules of the BIT External Degree Programme.
|Birmingham City University
Students from SLIATE HNDIT programme could enter the 3rd year BSc(Hons) Software Engineering if they score 65% or Higher in HNDIT or else 2nd year BSc(Hons) Computer Science at Birmingham City University if they score 50% -65% HNDIT